Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
You and I are debating two completely different things. I do not believe AI should replace journalists, but AI can write news articles, and some journalists feel AI is a threat to their jobs. Watch the attached video I made a few minutes ago; AI wrote a brief article in just over 1 minute.
John Luttermoser @JohnLuttermoser
The most important function of journalism is gatekeeping -- deciding what enhances understanding or our world and what does not. The idea that humans programming a bot can do that better than humans without the middle-bot is absurd, whether the subject is a Congressional hearing or a football game.
04:38 AM - Oct 07, 2023
05:08 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
Here is a screenshot of those who are on smaller devices.
05:23 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Ruh Roh
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Chris, as we've seen with Tay and other chatbots, algorithms & AI can be fed misinfo, outright lies, & vile bigotry. We need humans adhering to high journalistic standards, rather than the current layoffs across the country from local newspapers. There's more than enough real reporters out there.
07:48 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Not looking very absurd.
https://ourworldindata.org...
07:02 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In general, "should" (as in 'what's "right"', not 'it's a good idea') = arguing with reality. Reality always wins, and we suffer with our unrealistic belief. It's a form of denial. (I'm sure AI could have written all of that--eventually. After all, my brain doesn't perform magic.)
06:42 AM - Oct 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}