Christopher Bouzy
A
There is no unlimited character spout. When you paste the long text, it will slice the text into x number of spouts to create the thread.
Thunderschnozzle @Thunderschnozzle
Absolutely beautiful. I am curious about one thing though. After all these planned updates to threads have been released, what would be the main advantage of using the threads format over just one unlimited characters spout?
10:19 PM - Oct 09, 2023
11:19 PM - Oct 09, 2023 (Edited)
Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I'm excited but details details. Now, will it do the same thing by just typing over the 300 character limit or is it strictly copy and paste that triggers the function?
11:35 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Verifiably Nobody
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I think what they meant was, is there an advantage to putting long text into a thread rather that allowing a single longer Spout.?

Personally, I like the discipline of character limited Spouts but I accept this might be an antiquated opinion.
11:23 PM - Oct 09, 2023 (Edited)
Changing Plumbob
A
In response to Verifiably Nobody.
I'm with you. I think character limited spouts work really well. Ove long spouts would make things look cluttered I think. Plus I like that I can spout a bunch of stuff in a thread if I want to and it won't clog up people's timeline you know? Feels like good etiquette somehow
12:34 AM - Oct 10, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
In response to Verifiably Nobody.
Thanks @verifiably_nobody . Yes that is exactly what I meant. I know unlimited characters spouts don't exist on Spoutible (and, for the record, I'm not arguing for or against the use of them). I'm just wondering the merits of @cbouzy 's long-pasted-spout-cut-into-pieces format vs unlimited spouts.
01:22 AM - Oct 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}