Bowerydoll
A
My coworkers and I have all talked so much about this. There are so many empty hotels like this in SF. Every time I walk by one, the question burns hot in my mind. Why the hell can't they be converted to permanent housing for folks in need?
#StopCriminalizingTheUnhoused #HousingIsAHumanRight
07:29 PM - Oct 11, 2023 (Edited)
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Because poverty is a policy choice & the people suffering are used as political pawns in the hellscape of capitalism?
01:30 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Young Lesbian Dre.
Shout it LOUD, Dre. I cosign on your every word🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
01:46 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
They did it in Santa Rosa
08:02 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
It's not that damn hard. My coworkers and I are beyond frustrated. We're behavioral health counselors and many of our clients are struggling to get housed. It's enraging to watch our city doing nothing but pointing fingers and kicking the can down the road.
08:07 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
I KNOW that hotel! It's in the Marina District of SF. I can't believe it's abandoned now. And yes, why aren't they being converted into housing for the homeless. It wouldn't take much work.
07:55 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
Truth, sis🔥 These properties are staring at us all over, sitting empty. It's criminal that the city isn't stepping up to use them as a solution. There are true remedies to this crisis if our leaders would grow some compassion and get off their greedy asses.
08:00 PM - Oct 11, 2023 (Edited)
ALIS ITLATOL
A
census 2020 here, 3,000 non-local owners of 2nd or 3rd homes standing empty.... homeless locals? approx 3,200

since colonial trickle down crapitalism doesn't work
maybe gonna have to choose to zapatista
07:43 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
The UK in the 80s had a big squatter culture. And in many states in the US if you live somewhere 10 years without the owner running you off you own it through adverse possession. The homeless are just failing to actualize their potential here.
09:09 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Of course. We could solve homelessness at any time, at less cost than it takes to keep people on the street and periodically throw them in jail. We don't because capitalist ideology says that poverty is a sin that must be punished with a miserable life and slow death.

#TheCrueltyIsThePoint
07:31 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Stone, cold TRUTH, Anton🔥 We can't stop shouting that loud enough.
#crueltyisthepoint
#ProfitsOverPeople
#StopKickingTheCanDownTheRoad
07:33 PM - Oct 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}