T Miller
A
thread 1/1
Also presciently coined the phrase & warned us about the military industrial complex in his farewell address (short, well worth reading every so often). The former commander of our forces in WWII and two term GOP President warning us, not some mostly anti-militarist like me.
11:07 PM - Oct 13, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

9Gen
A
In response to ManKillah Fruitface.
Remember after Thomas Hofeller (f-ing asswipe gerrymander strategist for the RNC) died a few years back and his daughter started publishing his private files? Whew! We knew it was bad but it was good to have it acknowledged.

It's mind-boggling to me that folks still refuse to see or accept it.
10:33 PM - Oct 13, 2023 (Edited)
T Miller
A
In response to 9Gen.
They’ve kind of screwed themselves in a way, by creating such deep red districts that they become one big echo chamber reinforcing Reagan’s “government is bad” message, hence are bad at governing. Trouble is, to the casual voter it looks like government cannot function so maybe autocracy…
10:46 PM - Oct 13, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to T Miller.
Republicans have never been able to govern because governing has never been their goal, but yes, I hear you.
10:47 PM - Oct 13, 2023
T Miller
A
They did in my youth. Really did change with Goldwater/Reagan/Southern racists ditching the Dems for GOP because Kennedy-Johnson-Civil Rights. But back in the day, Rockefeller, Eisenhower, Romney’s Dad were all reasonable (not that I’d vote for them but still…)
In response to 9Gen.
10:55 PM - Oct 13, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to T Miller.
So much of those differences can be explained by how the parties changed with the Southern Strategy. We can't take racism out of the equation but if we could, I might have voted for Ike. He taxed the shit out of all the assholes.

Sorry. I'm just being silly. It's late. 😂
10:59 PM - Oct 13, 2023
T Miller
A
In response to 9Gen.
thread 1/1
Also presciently coined the phrase & warned us about the military industrial complex in his farewell address (short, well worth reading every so often). The former commander of our forces in WWII and two term GOP President warning us, not some mostly anti-militarist like me.
11:07 PM - Oct 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}