Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/8
There are some really outstanding political accounts here run by regular folk who break down politics, world affairs, and report accurately on the President and VP.

I'm not one of those.

I'm am author and writer first. I'll dab into politics and write social commentary threads.
07:29 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/8
I will write on Medium and my blog, Dear Dean, and in my magazine on many topics including politics.

I will cover life, love, family, and the randomness of what floats across my timeline and my social media cruising.

It works for me and my mental health to not be consumed.
07:30 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/8
I try hard not to argue on here, and lean toward ignore or block.

But I get caught up sometimes, too.

I will always support democrats and push back against lies, racism, antisemitism, homophobia, islamophobia, and misogyny.
07:30 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/8
I share parts of my life, and am grown enough to be corrected on errors, but won't be told what to do or what to believe.
07:31 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/8
I won't be told who to hate - whether a person or a nation.

I can list 50+ nations my government has told me to hate in my lifetime.

I don't hate on demand though, whether the demand comes from government, religion, or family and friends.
07:31 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/8
My page is not the place for 24x7 political hot takes.
I like and need diversity of creativeness so I am a creative writer.

But like most other folk I form opinions about government/politicians so I will share my thoughts.

It is easy to see how I'll lean - look at my handle.
07:32 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/8
As James Baldwin said: "To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a state of rage almost, almost all of the time — and in one's work."

But I also use the time to find and see the beauty, absurdity, humor, love, and joy - and share those.
07:32 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/8
Experiencing joy doesn't negate being aware of local, national, or global carnage.

Voting helps, of course. Living does, too.

There are many great political accounts here and more signing on every day. End.
07:33 PM - Oct 16, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
I'm glad you share your insights, and writing with us. Here, and in the rest of the world.
07:54 PM - Oct 16, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
Myron, I'm so glad to read whatever you choose to post - with the notable exception of making me aware of the existence of certain revolting male hygiene products that I really didn't need to know about, that is...
07:38 PM - Oct 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}