Professor Kyle
A
As much as folks complain about Musk & how evil he is, it's not surprising many never truly considered leaving X. Compartmentalizing & justifying are fundamental human strategies. People decry "corporations" while supporting them; some boycott Chick-fil-A but shop at other institutions that do harm.
09:53 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
It’s getting closer to deletion for me, but so much of the TTRPG streaming/small biz community’s livelihood depended on the followers they accumulated on Twitter, so their migration elsewhere has been slow as they try to figure out how to stay afloat. I’m trying to nudge them toward here.
11:47 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Rae Lyn Fox.
Would be great if they do head this way! I know it's not an easy choice.
11:54 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Gray Graham
A
I wrote about this earlier this year for our mag. The reality is that it is impossible to avoid the "evil corporations" of the world. You may think you are but you are not, trust me. If you want to live you have to pick your poison
11:24 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Guilty!
A
I left X as soon as Musk took over. I was on Mastodon in the meantime while waiting for Spoutible to be up. I don't give my money to Chick Fil A, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, McDonald's, or a local restaurant/bar that has a reputation for treating servers and bands badly.
10:45 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Also people can only do what they can. I don't know if anyone lives a life without using at least a few bad corps, it's essentially impossible not to.
10:19 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
It's almost impossible to avoid. Some put thought into it and some don't, but you can't be perfect.
10:20 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I left the day Elon got it. The hubs is still there, but he is trying to fight the MAGAs, get ppl to vote, etc. He's good with people, even the real jerks. I'm not happy about it, but he's fighting for the same cause his own way.

He has a much thicker skin than I do.
10:13 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I think the fighting – whether it accomplishes something or not – is why a lot of people stay. It's fun, or at least many find it to be so.
10:15 AM - Oct 17, 2023
blueOcean
A
I always knew I would leave X after Elon took over, it's just most of my friends are there and it was hard to start over. It's like moving to a new school, most people rather stay at a high school for 4 years rather than move every year.
09:58 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to blueOcean.
I definitely get that. Moving to this "high school" was a little easier for me in that a few people I knew from Twitter also moved (though most didn't). But I'm thinking more of those who decry Musk and how bad X's gotten but never even try to leave.
10:03 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Mike P
A
I just deactivated my X yesterday, funny enough.
09:55 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Mike P.
Ha! I had mine basically inactive for several months after Spoutible started – my thought was that way I could check in on people and perhaps convince them to come here. But then I realized I was getting nothing out of it and deleted.
09:57 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
No HBO for me either because of CNN Maher and squashing the Jordan documentary to name a few reasons.
09:55 AM - Oct 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}