Only accounts this user (April_Sparkles) follows can see their posts

Tom Brk
A
In response to April Sparkles.
When I was a kid, the local radio station had a joke contest to call in with the best rumor you heard and I won 2 tickets to the Fleetwood Mac concert and Rumours T-shirt from the show
08:20 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Chetan Kamdar
A
I once won the raffle at a Chinese New Year party at one of the big 5 consulting firms to have a drink with a senior partner on stage and I didn't even work there (I was a guest). And they were raffling away around the world trips etc and I won something an employee would have been thrilled to win.
11:49 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Dave
A
When I was 10, I was called because I had one a prize in a raffle in which my mom had entered my name. I watched as someone wheeled a 10 speed bike down the ramp. Alas, that was not my prize. When I presented my winning ticket, I was presented with a hand knit pair of navy blue booties. Um…thanks.🙄
11:48 PM - Oct 18, 2023
PJ
A
Won a toboggan from the Beer Store. Also 5 grand on the lottery when the payouts were decent.
11:31 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Only followers of this user (April_Sparkles) can see their posts

Joan Telfer Faux
A
I won the Fleetwood Mac Rumors album as a door prize at a high school dance. That was pretty exciting.
When I was around 10 I entered a contest run by Welch's grape juice and ended up receiving about a dozen can openers. Not quite as exciting.
11:19 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Existential Fashion Disaster
A
I won $100 for Finding the Cap'n in the '80s.
It was a check that was signed by Cap'n Crunch. He was in the Milky Way.
10:33 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Lynn Daniello
A
I won a birthday party for me and 9 friends at the Malibu dance club in the 80’s. It didn’t cover drinks, but I got a vinyl record and free entry for my friends. It was New Wave music at the time.
09:21 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Aly C
A
I won a turkey 🦃 at a holiday fair at our elementary school when I was in 4th grade. I was so mad, I wanted the grand prize of a “basket of toys” (ahem, this was back in the 70s, no gift cards back then..🤣). But, a turkey 🦃 it was. Well, my nana was happy to have it… 😃
09:19 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Debbie Lu
A
Oh! I forgot my first ever! Our sixth grade reacher was, by that era’s standards, the hottest man alive to a 12 yo girl. He set up a reading contest woth small and large prizes, grand prize was lunch with him! Reading the 100 books took me 3 weeks. McD’s in the park was a tween dream ❤️😊
09:07 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Carol DeFreese
A
During its original run on ABC, the game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire gave viewers the opportunity to play the game interactively during the broadcast. Prizes were sent to the top ten online players for each broadcast, and as a result I won a bunch of t-shirts and mugs from them.
09:00 PM - Oct 18, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
I was in my 20s when I won a contest in grad school by guessing how many pieces of candy were in a big vase. I came closest. They tried to give it to someone else, but they never said "closest without going over." I was like, this ain't The Price is Right, gimme my candy. So they did.
08:48 PM - Oct 18, 2023

My Flying Car 2020
A
I was 17 when I stuffed the ballot box for a raffle of free college swag as a college freshman. It was my best shot to get school paraphernalia cause I couldn't afford those highway robbery prices at the bookstore. I still have the T-shirt.
08:46 PM - Oct 18, 2023 (Edited)

My Flying Car 2020
A
I was 9 when I won a raffle at Bradlee's. It was a Raffi tape with Baby Beluga on it, which I was too old for. I wound up taping over it with stuff from the radio.
08:44 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Kettlecorn
A
I won an X-Files t-shirt from a Fox network online contest. Had to submit a description of a possible X-File case, so I wrote about a creature that existed between the 24 frames per second of a television transmission.
Got back a black t-shirt with “the truth is out there” in white typewriter font.
08:43 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Annette & Vizsla Tucker
A
Best of Show (6 acrylic paintings) in my grade school Art Show.
Ribbon from Kaufmann’s Annual Art Show.
Window Painting Contest for Annual Halloween Show!
Have proof of that window (somewhere 😁)
08:41 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I won several art contests in HS. I didn't like art when I signed up figuring it would be an easy A. I had a great teacher and apparently some talent.

Nothing since tho.
08:33 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Ennis ³⁴ Cole
A
Designed a tshirt for IronKids Bread Triathlon. Fifth grade teacher made us enter the national contest as an assignment. I was not happy about having to do the assignment but my design was selected. She didn't hear my ire because the winner's teachers won stuff as well.
08:33 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Jason Carton
A
I “won” a chance to buy World Juniors tickets in Edmonton in 2011/12.

My buddy was pissed, “I put my name five times and you put yours in once and and you win.”

Me, “Or we had 6 chances out out 180000 and got one. 🤷‍♂️”
08:32 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
I returned to university in my 40s. I felt like I had won the lottery when my employer paid for my tuition and gave me leave to attend my last year full time.
08:28 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Linda Roderick
A
In response to Kathleen Rupnow.
Wow…you hit the jackpot. Nice employer
11:55 PM - Oct 18, 2023
hashisyoyo
A
In eighth grade, I won five dollars in choir. Went to gym right after and one of my classmates in both classes stole it.
08:22 PM - Oct 18, 2023

hashisyoyo
A
Won a spelling bee in 3rd grade. 😁 A watch, at a company picnic for my moms job, when I was in high school. Everyone was winning a vcr, radio, cash, etc. I got a bingo and won an Auqafresh brand watch that was trying to imitate the Swatch watch I had at the time. Gave it away 😂
08:20 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Canuck Newf
A
Grade 6. I won a 6-pound Hershey bar. Bought one 25¢ ticket on the day of the draw. Felt like a lotto win to a 12-year old.
08:19 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Dıanna
A
No.
Except once I was the very 1st person dismissed from jury duty.
08:18 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Lipsticktraces
B
I won a free Boudin sourdough crab bread in a raffle in the late 1980s. #SoMuchWinning
https://store.boudinbakery.com/sourdough-crab-bread-1-765-p258.aspx
08:06 PM - Oct 18, 2023
CharleneEllen
A
April! I love the table topic! And all the answers are fun to read.
I won a bag of groceries once (pure luck) and a statue with a lady holding a film reel (skill and luck).
08:02 PM - Oct 18, 2023

gdavidbrown
A
Yes, my name was drawn for a year free pass to a thoroughbred track. I gave it to someone who could use it without going broke.
08:01 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Mama Ezekiel
A
I won a turkey once from a contest at my daughter's school (it was around Christmas time). I had no idea how to cook a whole turkey, and it was way too big for the three of us anyway, even if I managed to figure out how to cook it, so we passed it along to the food bank.
07:58 PM - Oct 18, 2023

JM Cressy
A
Art contest, highschool. Unicorn in pastels. I forget what the actual prize was...
Senior year won second place in Halloween costume contest as a wizard.
07:43 PM - Oct 18, 2023

Only followers of this user (MonMarch) can see their posts

Danielle Molleur
A
In the winter of 2014/15 Boston had its highest snowfall in history. The NPR show Car Talk had a contest to guess when a car buried in the snow and ice in the area would finally be free. This Car Talk groupie guessed April 11, the actually day was April 12. Won a bunch of Car Talk swag. 😁
07:40 PM - Oct 18, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}