Lisa
A
thread 1/3
When we bombed the sh*t of Iraq I do not feel like anyone thought of the innocent people who died. I honestly feel like the compassion for innocent Palestinians knowing they are not all Hamas is a 1st. Do you feel that way? We can feel horrified for Israel & horrified for Palestinians. We can all
10:41 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Lisa
A
thread 2/3
agree Hamas is evil. I love President Biden. I am proud to have him as our President. I believe he genuinely cares. Because of his yrs of service he has wisdom that helps during these incredibly awful times. Grateful for him. He could be enjoying retirement w/ his family but here he is working day &
Lisa
A
thread 3/3
Night💙
David Von Stroh
A
In response to Lisa.
I agree that most Americans (including me, I will admit), did not think of the impacts to Iraqis or Afghans when we launched those wars that we all now recognize as very ill-advised. I did have some friends who wept over those invasions though. And I'm glad we're seeing Palestine differently now.
12:18 AM - Oct 20, 2023
Lisa
A
In response to David Von Stroh.
Right… I think over time when we started to see the destruction we caused there - I had more of an idea how it impacted the people. In the moment I did not think about them. It’s awful. Just so glad to see the world - the United States look at war differently. It truly harms the innocent.
10:00 AM - Oct 20, 2023
PS Annie
A
In response to Lisa.
I think you're right about most Americans not feeling sympathy for ordinary Iraqi civilians at the time, but I don't think that was "as true" in the rest of the world.
I definitely felt concern for them and was frustrated at the lack of press coverage about what was happening to them.
10:56 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Lisa
A
In response to PS Annie.
What I am seeing & hearing it feels like people have a greater understanding of how war effects the innocent. I admit - I was worried about my local friend here back then. People were hateful. I am def more aware now. Grateful to hear awareness & concern on TV & w/ our President.
11:00 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Where is the love??
A
In response to Lisa.
Idk about other people, but I cried for days when we bombed Iraq. I was so scared for the civilians. I remember protests, but I don't remember if they focused on the people.
10:46 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Lisa
A
In response to Where is the love??.
I remember being worried for my friend’s family local - here… but I never remember hearing anyone in Gov or on TV talk about sending food or service to help the innocent. Maybe I have a bad memory… idk… I do not think selfish American’s thought of those poor people. We are better humans now. I am.
10:56 PM - Oct 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}