Samantha Kemp-Jackson
A
"Then slowly but insidiously, the ritual started to wane. I didn’t notice at first. The anticipation of the newspaper on my porch seemed to unceremoniously dissipate in spite of my love of the ritual." #GenX #technology
08:01 PM - Oct 18, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Samantha Kemp-Jackson.
My fondest childhood and teenage memories are my dad bringing home two newspapers.
11:24 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Samantha Kemp-Jackson
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
Different versions so you could dive in and see varying perspectives? #newspapers
11:53 AM - Oct 19, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
One was The Chicago Tribune (conservative) and the other The Chicago Sun-Times (liberal). I was also a child and enjoyed the comics more than anything. When I grew, I read the articles and columnists. I remember when Royko left for The Trib after Murdoch bought The Sun-Times.
05:55 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Samantha Kemp-Jackson
A
I loved the comics too, as well as the word search. And my parents insisted that we read the paper and know what was going on in the world do I guess the love of newspapers started early.
06:56 PM - Oct 19, 2023 (Edited)
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
I grieve they are the size of pamphlets now. I remember my Dad bringing I'm these thick papers. Gave me a sense of security to see them every day. So much lost with digital.
09:43 PM - Oct 19, 2023 (Edited)
Samantha Kemp-Jackson
A
Absolutely. They used to call them “broadsheets “ for obvious reasons. Now? They are indeed the size of a pamphlet. I guess it’s not worth the money they used to put into them since not many buy hard copies anymore 😞
09:45 PM - Oct 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}