Eltee Ryan
A
Hi wonderful Spoutans - can I ask if anyone has had any experience with Mini Strokes, aka Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIAs)? What to expect for treatment, and did a full Stroke follow a TIA?
04:01 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Conflicted Sister
A
In response to Eltee Ryan.
Had a TIA over 30 years ago. Took about six months to work through some language and vocabulary issues and a year to recover from most of my right side weakness. I haven’t had a full stroke, but I imagine every person is different.
08:35 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Pimps R Us
A
Well... I've never had any TIA's but I'm a medical coder for a few ERs and I can't recall really any repeat patients being brought to the ER because they then had a full blown stroke. I can say that COVID cases are WAYYYY up followed by the flu.
04:17 PM - Oct 20, 2023
lorraine aylward
A
I had a couple of small strokes in July. My numbers were good, all the lab work looked good. I'm scheduled to see a cardiologist. I was scheduled for a lot of follow ups. I never went to them. I take I think its 4 medications now. Other ppl will have different experience. I hope you are doing well
04:09 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
In response to lorraine aylward.
Thank you so much, wishing you good health XO
04:12 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
My dad had some TIAs in his 80's. He never had a full stroke, but they did seem to nick his short-term memory. Same with my mom, hers was worse. She eventually had a real stroke but not until she was 96.
04:07 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Thank you Linda. I'm still having trouble with words/language/reading. Just dont want to go into a full stroke before I can get treatment.
04:17 PM - Oct 20, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
Of all the family members who've experienced TIA's, no stroke followed. My grandmother had many TIA's leading up to her death, my mother temporarily went blind in one eye.
04:04 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
Thank you. I'm a lil scared. I don't want a full Stroke to follow. My son gets married next Friday, I need to manage it ASAP.
04:08 PM - Oct 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}