J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
thread 1/8
Periodic reminder to the #NewSpouters on this wonderful app: there is no algorithm. Your feed will not spoon-feed you anything. Follow lots of different people so you get lots of spouts and other things crossing your timeline. Customize the news sources that will show up. Follow people who post
04:45 PM - Oct 20, 2023
A
thread 2/8
things you enjoy. Follow people if you are echoing their spouts. Liking spouts is kind, but only impacts the original poster. When you echo, all of your followers see it, too. Better yet, quote-spout to add to the conversation. Use lots of hashtags in to your spouts and bio so other people with
A
thread 3/8
similar interests can find you! Use the Explore tab and search functions to find cool random stuff and intentional stuff, respectively. Also, major tip: be respectful. Outrage and flame wars and trolls do NOT drive views or clicks. They just get you blocked or banned. Respond respectfully and
A
thread 4/8
with facts, if appropriate (although you can trash talk Da’ Bears at will. Go, Pack, Go!). This site/app has AMAZING functionality for a site this young. I’m currently just using the auto-threading feature for big blocks of text as I wear my thumbs out. Very cool! Be extra kind to the Canadians,
A
thread 5/8
as they have been our conscience and sense of humor from the beginning. Donate if you can (Look, Ma, no ads!) and make feature suggestions as appropriate (via bug report form, unless that’s been upgraded, too.) @cbouzy and his team are rockin’ it here. They deserve all the credit in the world. You
A
thread 6/8
are all welcome here. Just be kind. Be enthusiastic. Be genuine. Be open to new viewpoints. Be accepting of difference without derision. Be generous in sharing your interests and passions, and experience. #Spoutible is pretty darn awesome, and we plan to keep it that way.
A
thread 7/8
Addendum: this is not a dating site. Do not slide into anyone’s DMs thinking you’re gonna score some newds or anything similar. That kind of shit gets found out real fast and you will be gone faster than a GOP Speaker candidate. Again, show respect. We are all full humans here, and the default
A
thread 8/8
should be respect and appreciation. If you aren’t sure, ask. And be willing to take no for an answer.

Barring that, welcome! The water’s fine here. Enjoy!
John Roche
A
In response to J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him).
Good thread! Following you now.
01:32 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Bren
A
Great thread. So I look and no I'm not following you. I fixed that
03:19 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Mary Locker
A
What a wonderful thread. I'm amazed I hadn't run across you in my timeline before. Following you now. Many thanks.
10:19 AM - Oct 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}