Christopher Bouzy
A
Take a moment and read this story. Imagine being at an airport and having your money seized because you don't have bank statements on you...etc. The police don't arrest you, they arrest your money. Wow...
Y C Williams @MistressPrime
Agents search the carry-on bags of Hartsfield Jackson passengers without getting warrants and seize money without making arrests
#Atlanta #airport
https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2023/10/19/plane-sight-drug-agents-searching-passengers-cash-airpor...
04:28 AM - Oct 21, 2023
05:46 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Mary Becker
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I don’t have time to read the whole article. This is when I want a summary which Spoutible offers for member threading Spouters
11:01 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
That's some great reporting. Stop and Frisk at airports, I'm surprised this has gone on for so long. I wonder if all seized money for drug enforcement, had to go to rehab centers how much effort these guys would put into harassing people.
09:44 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
This is why years ago I opened a separate account with a bank that operated in Las Vegas for poker only. I never wanted poker tournament winnings, which can be in 5 figures, seized at an airport, & wanted to be able to deposit checks or cash before I came home.
09:34 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
Its theft by cop
07:55 AM - Oct 21, 2023
AintLifeGrand
A
Just add robbery to the list of offenses police are now committing openly.

🤔 I guess the real question is - what were these people doing just before the police robbed them? 🙄
06:41 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
This convenient little operation counts on public unfamiliarity with rights of search consent to fund this agency's apparently lucratuve cash cow (seizing cash-only has little overhead, few fight it). Something's very wrong that simply carrying cash invites confiscation!
06:16 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
John Oliver did an episode about this almost a decade ago. I know the term "dystopian" is overused these days, but...
Civil Forfeiture: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - YouTube

Did you know police can just take your stuff if they suspect it's involved in a crime? They can!It’s a shady process called “civil asset forfeiture,” and it ...

06:06 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
In response to Wojciech Kałuża.
This was exactly what I thought of when I read that article.
06:36 AM - Oct 21, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
they are legally robbing ppl under civil asset forfeiture bullshit

and then they wonder why everyone hates cops
05:57 AM - Oct 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}