Andrea Junker
A
Bill Clinton banned assault weapons in 1994; mass shootings dropped by 43%.

George W. Bush and the GOP let the assault weapons ban expire in 2004; mass shootings increased by 245%.

These numbers tell the whole story.
10:19 AM - Oct 26, 2023
Lydia Medina
B
In response to Andrea Junker.
Republicans always doing harm to our Country,it is no wonder that the Bushes are very quiet while trump assaults the Nation
06:18 PM - Feb 25, 2024
Harry Kaufman
A
It is the party and the individual imbeciles in that party in Here's a philosophy, actually a proverb tad old but still full meaning -6-5 BCE, "To know that is right and not do what is right is COWARDICE. What party in and members qualify, I think we all know ESOTERIC.
06:58 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
08:55 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Larry Canuck
A
A Canadian perspective:
https://foreignpolicy.com/...
01:46 PM - Oct 26, 2023
FalconWarthog 96
B
After this horrific mass shooting in Maine you'd think the first thing would be to pass gun laws, especially laws banning assault style weapons.... like the AR that is so popular amongst the perps of mass shootings. I guarantee you that the GOP is doing nothing to prevent further killings.
11:00 AM - Oct 26, 2023
Jinxy's staff
A
In response to FalconWarthog 96.
After elementary school children were massacred in their classrooms at Sandy Hook, and then in Uvalde....and in neither case was the GOP moved- even a fraction of an inch- is all anyone needs to know about what the chances are they'll ever come around to the idea of actually protecting children.
12:17 PM - Oct 26, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
Source for the numbers?
10:47 AM - Oct 26, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
Posted to my small coterie of amiable subversives on FB, with credit as due. Thanks for posting here on Spoutible. I am still on TwiXter because a few humans are still there (like Jen Rubin). The more insightful people move here, the less often I’ll need to peekaboo at TwiXter.
10:32 AM - Oct 26, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
That plus the SCOTUS case that cut the 2nd Amendment in half to find an individual right of ownership.

And here we are.
10:21 AM - Oct 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}