Michelle Bobb-Parris
A
“Twitter has decided to open up millions of user accounts to hacking and theft, just to pick up a little spare coin. Really?”
https://www.zdnet.com/arti...
09:30 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Michelle Bobb-Parris.
Kinda funny that DJT Jr. got hacked over there recently.

Maybe he didn’t pay his bills?
01:02 AM - Sep 26, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
Totally scans. Also the mass of bots on the thing. They're creating fake clicks that he's using to charge advertisers. He'll still report a certain number of bots and deduct it, but the obvious ones mean he doesn't have to count the better-hidden ones.
05:19 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Randy Resnick
A
They are removing ONE KIND only. The way it's phrased is huge exaggeration qualifying it for clickbait status.
11:39 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
Elon Musk walked into Twitter HQ on day 1 carrying a sink. He's been recently photographed with Jared Kushner & Rupert Murdoch.
Seems to me like he's trying to sink Twitter to scatter resisters and Democrats.
Messing with 2FA is part of that, I think.
11:29 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Mary
A
A few days last week I was hit with more than a dozen accounts following me. They were all written in Japanese. I spent a few days blocking them all. Only go to the bird now for my old movies live tweeting.
10:33 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Metl Mann
A
In response to Mary.
I turned on the Protected Tweets function which means only people who follow me can see my Tweets. Then I deleted all my followers. So the account is now neutralized, but still working - no one can take my handle and impersonate me. Plus I could turn it back on if things were to change.
11:46 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Mary.
Ditto. I block them and all their followers.
02:03 PM - Jan 17, 2024
Stephanie Wilson
A
The FTC should handle this. It's financial blackmail.
10:30 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Bird land is removing the option of using SMA for 2FA. App option is more secure, but may not be an option for certain countries (long story). For folks who will maintain their account (read-only perhaps), WaPo has a good article (gifted) on enabling 2FA via an app:
https://wapo.st/3IujRm5
10:14 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Just realized there’s a typo in my spout.

It should be SMS rather than SMA (I’m guessing everyone figured it out 😬)
04:26 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Randy Resnick
A
Clickbait! 2FA still works using a free app and is not dependent on a phone and is more secure than SMS 2FA. Second of all, if good passwords are used, while not unhackable, it isn't trivial to get into millions of accounts. Possibly high value ones, but they should be using a more secure 2FA.
09:44 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Michelle Bobb-Parris
A
In response to Randy Resnick.
It’s not clickbait if Twitter is indeed removing 2FA. But you already know that.
09:53 AM - Feb 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}