Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
First off tonight, Blue Pumpkins.

This is important.

Many children with autism are nonverbal, if a child knocks on your door and holds their blue pumpkin, just know many won’t say trick or treat or talk, don’t take it as rude, they deserve to enjoy #Halloween like everyone else.❤️
11:53 PM - Oct 26, 2023
Niles403
A
In response to Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈.
I just put candy out in a cauldron at the end of a black ramp amid decor and spooky music. Kids and/or their reps can come up at own speed/desire to pick out what they want. I don't interfere with them, just monitor and be amused. 99% r good abt not taking more than fair share
03:46 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Dogan Tekben
A
Nice!

Of course, if you are literally insulted because a child, or an adult for that matter does not say trick or treat or hello etc when they arrive at your door and ask for treats on Halloween then you might want to tone down that ego a bit. I think that somehow you'll survive the trauma. 😉
12:06 PM - Oct 27, 2023
The Middle Sister
A
Thank you for this PSA!
06:13 AM - Oct 27, 2023
David Von Stroh
A
Is a blue pumpkin a code to signify an autistic child? I had never heard this before.
05:42 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to David Von Stroh.
There have been some campaigns (though the ones I recall from years past were more teal). But they’re widely sold now, so I also wouldn’t make assumptions as someone could just like the color, etc.
10:53 AM - Oct 27, 2023
jaye mitchell
A
🥰
02:41 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Deborah Burns
A
This is wonderful. Had an autistic daughter who would have loved this!
01:17 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
In response to Deborah Burns.
01:18 AM - Oct 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}