Shira Turrentine
A
My granddaughter loves to read books that help her learn. She's in 4th grade, for last 3 Christmases has asked her grandpa for books to help her become a veterinarian - a horse encyclopedia, dog encyclopedia & Smithsonian's Zoology. Her teachers want her to read more fiction. She wins!
Deb Bailey @DebBC
If your 6th grader reads more mature content or is willing to tackle longer nonfiction books, here are some titles to consider.
#booksforkids
11:53 AM - Oct 27, 2023
12:07 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
In response to Shira Turrentine.
My uncle is a former marine biologists and we decided to buy an additional book to your niece. It should be in my mailbox before the weekend :)
11:55 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Shira Turrentine
A
In response to Roar Jorstad.
Mahalo! Much gratitude. She'll be tickled!
01:32 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Shira Turrentine
A
In response to Roar Jorstad.
So on point. Before we moved to Hawaii, we had a reef tank. Her charter school, Volcano School for Arts & Sciences do regular field trips to beaches for study & environmental cleanup.
01:38 PM - Oct 30, 2023
just alex
A
Very smart and gorgeous little girl…! You must be proud!
☺️
04:02 PM - Oct 27, 2023 (Edited)
Shira Turrentine
A
In response to just alex.
Immensely proud. She was our 1st biological grandchild of 4 & only granddaughter. She is brilliant, taught herself to read before preschool & has always been interested in books and nature. Khamera was my early 60th birthday present. We'll celebrate Nov 1 & 7...10 & 70.
05:14 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
Send me her (or your) address and I will send her this book
12:56 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
Race and gender don't matter in science....here from the Norwegian Sea Research Institute
12:45 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Myoba Mazon
A
She’s so lucky to have people in her life who will help her find books which nurture her intellect!! I’ve been a voracious reader all my life, especially non-fiction. Well written non-fiction is a gift to us, one I treasure. While I rarely read fiction anymore, good short story is a treat, too.
📚🤔
12:30 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Cathy Leder
A
she is super adorable 💕 wishing her all the best as she moves forward in life and aspires toward her dream of loving and taking care of animals 🐴 🐶 🐦
12:21 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Ms. K
A
I hope she does read some fiction, especially if it ties into her interests. Nonfiction is wonderful, but fiction can help a kid look into other worlds and imagine things that don’t fit their own experience. It’s not an either/ or, but more growth, different growth
12:19 PM - Oct 27, 2023 (Edited)
Roar Jorstad
A
Message from Norway: read all the nature and science books she wants. I'm cheering for her 🇳🇴🔬🧪
12:17 PM - Oct 27, 2023
susiequilter61
A
This is awesome! I hope she continues on this path (if it continues making her happy) and reaches her goals. And that looks like an amazing book!
12:13 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
She can read fiction when she retires! 😹 (Except James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small).
12:10 PM - Oct 27, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}