Shira Turrentine
A
My granddaughter loves to read books that help her learn. She's in 4th grade, for last 3 Christmases has asked her grandpa for books to help her become a veterinarian - a horse encyclopedia, dog encyclopedia & Smithsonian's Zoology. Her teachers want her to read more fiction. She wins!
Deb Bailey @DebBC
If your 6th grader reads more mature content or is willing to tackle longer nonfiction books, here are some titles to consider.
#booksforkids
11:53 AM - Oct 27, 2023
12:07 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
In response to Shira Turrentine.
My uncle is a former marine biologists and we decided to buy an additional book to your niece. It should be in my mailbox before the weekend :)
11:55 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Shira Turrentine
A
So on point. Before we moved to Hawaii, we had a reef tank. Her charter school, Volcano School for Arts & Sciences do regular field trips to beaches for study & environmental cleanup.
In response to Roar Jorstad.
01:38 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
This is one of the main sea science organization
https://hi.no/hi/en
01:49 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Roar Jorstad
A
Great....very nice one. it's very important to take care of the marine environment. We have couple of world-class sea science communities in Norway. If she decide to study the sea, I think we allow foreigner into the general studies here in Norway, in addition to the PhD science studies (Age 19++)
01:43 PM - Oct 30, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}