Kate Beth
A
thread 1/5
Ooh, hey, I have a story about my kid (ha).
So he goes w/ me to high school football games on Friday nights. Sometimes we go in to the game, always we pass out campaign literature and he colors the parking lot with chalk. A couple times, 'the other side' as we call them, have shown up to make troubl
10:52 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Kate Beth
A
thread 2/5
e. They typically get into loud and abusive confrontations with our volunteers outside the high school football stadium, in front of students and the whole town. I missed the first incident, but we experienced one this week. So we're doing our thing, N is eating a popcorn ball and coloring with chal
Kate Beth
A
thread 3/5
k, I'm handing out literature and glow sticks, we're surrounded by teachers and bus drivers and high school students and their families, and this dude starts yelling at one of our volunteers. I ignored him at first, but as he got more aggressive, I went over there and said "Excuse me, but I have a f
Kate Beth
A
thread 4/5
our year old over here who I am trying to teach how to behave in public, so if you could refrain from the abusive behavior in front of him, I'd really appreciate that". And he snorted 'abusive behavior, you're funny' and walked by us. So then everyone's concerned for my kid, who just witnessed that,
Kate Beth
A
thread 5/5
and I give him a hug and he says "That boy did not make good choices." The teachers and bus drivers were thrilled to hear 'them' called out by a four year old and I was so proud of my little boy, who makes better choices than a grown ass man in public.
Geannie Bastian
A
Oh, good for both of you!
In response to Kate Beth.
11:04 PM - Oct 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}