Fiona Mary
A
One conversation at a time.
08:56 AM - Oct 29, 2023
Miggs Bylaws
A
In response to Fiona Mary.
I want to add a note here: Homeschool experiences vary dramatically across the US. I have met both religious (usually Christian) and secular homeschooled kids. They vary in topics covered, and discussion of gender roles and don't always align themselves politically the way you might think.
01:07 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Gee Cathy
A
11:14 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Kristine G
A
OMG I loved this article and the grace in which Heather addresses "woke" and "feminism" by putting the question back on the asker - What do you think it is? I really hope she and B do a girl's feminist workshop. Brilliant.
10:49 AM - Oct 30, 2023
CzechChik60
A
The two kids that lived next to us for a time were home schooled. The youngest was terribly immature. The oldest became hooked on drugs, did rehab, then fell off the wagon and became dangerous. Our neighborhood heaved a huge sigh of relief when the family moved away.
11:37 AM - Oct 29, 2023
Fiona Mary
A
In response to CzechChik60.
These stories just make my heart ache.
02:21 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
Count me not surprised. I've taught in higher ed. I've had students explain what black letter law is. Profess to understand it. But, will stridently affirm that their personal feelings and culture must take precedence over law.
10:15 AM - Oct 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}