Nefarious Newt
A
JUST. FUCKING. STOP. ALREADY.

Weaponizing the LGBTQIA+ community to make your "point" is WRONG. IT IS DESPICABLE. IT IS BIGOTRY IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

Stop being ASSHOLES.
Mickey Kuhns @Greenmark88
Do you think people who strongly believe that being gay is a choice may be influenced by their own experiences with concealing their true sexual orientation? 🤔

What are your thoughts?
06:15 PM - Oct 29, 2023
06:47 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Just Curious About Stuff
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
WTF?

Are trolls suddenly hitting Spoutible or something? If so, fuck off with that ignorant shit
07:47 PM - Oct 29, 2023
John Henry
A
Again, I just don't see this argument being made. Someone please help with context here? This conversation is suddenly everywhere but I can't see why and feel like I'm missing some nuance. That virulent 'phobes often turn out to be on the DL isn't a new observation or a "weapon."
07:07 PM - Oct 29, 2023
John Henry
A
In response to John Henry.
Strangely there's a similar conversation about speculating and pseudo-outing people that I'm also seeing that seems vaguely related and somehow incomprehensibly it seems like people are taking me as being on opposite sides of the same basic argument.
07:09 PM - Oct 29, 2023
John Henry
A
In response to John Henry.
Best I can tell the usual round of muckabouts are tossing around the "cute" idea that Mike Johnson must be on the DL because he's such a 'phobe. Yeah, that's a dumb way of talking that plays in to anti-gay stereotypes, for sure. But also virulent 'phobes have a tendency to turn out on the DL.
07:45 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Ignatz .
A
What am I missing? People seem angry at the statement, but he seems to just be saying that homophobes are often closeted and self-hating, which seems to be true.
06:58 PM - Oct 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}