Kris Austen Radcliffe
A
Does anyone know if a hashtag un-capitalizing internal letters when it's posted is something that can be changed? It's not making a new tag. Ideally, a well-used existing tag could be updated.

Would this be a #featurerequest or is it something that comes with the programming territory?
Kris Austen Radcliffe @KrisRadcliffe
I just spouted a photo of my cat with the hashtags #catsofspoutible and #catsofspoutible (capitalized text-to-speech the second try) and my capitalized version un-capped when it posted.

Testing to see if it happens again.
03:32 PM - Feb 27, 2023
03:38 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Writertomg
A
In response to Kris Austen Radcliffe.
Right now, no. If someone used the hashtag before you (the first person to ever use it) and they did it with all lowercase letters, every future instance will be all lowercase. For example, I typed all this with uppercase first letters but someone beat me to amwriting
#amwriting
#WritingCommunity
03:40 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Chris McIntosh
A
In response to Writertomg.
That needs to be changed.
03:42 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Kris Austen Radcliffe
A
In response to Writertomg.
Thank you for answering. I don't know a lot about how these systems work and every so often I'll run into something I think should be small but really is not on the backend.

I'm hoping the whole hashtagging system can be improved down the road so it's fully text-to-speech compatible.
03:45 PM - Feb 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}