Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Bravo used to be an arts channel. They showed plays, international films, operas, prestige television. Me and my mom loved watching it.

Now they primarily show the Real Housewives franchise and offshoots.
02:47 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
So true! I watched it for the operas, and musicals! I watched TLC because it was THE LEARNING CHANNEL! I watched the History Channel for obvious reasons, lots of medieval shows. WTH has happened to us?
03:25 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Reality shows are cheap and as you can see, they can still ve made a d played during writers and actors strikes. More money stays in studio pockets but they still produce content. I use the word content so loosely.
04:28 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Roxy Meloni
A
The dumbing down is also at The History Channel, A&E etc. I am appalled by the content now compared to when they first debuted.
02:58 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Roxy Meloni.
The Learning Channel room Discovery as well.

I used to love The History Channel. I watched so many documentaries on religion, monarchies, plagues, war, and pillaging.
03:01 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Donna
A
In response to Roxy Meloni.
And I never watch it!
05:30 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Bobby Amos
A
Same with A&E, AMC, etc. Haven’t watched the Sundance Channel lately, but lots of what we used to call “basic cable” aired adventurous content here and there, especially USA. Even the wide variety of PBS outlets here in Philly/NY metro area seems bland and watered down.
02:57 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Bobby Amos.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. In the 90s and early aughts there was so many good things happening on basic cable because it was different channels for different interests. Now there's just static in the air.
03:03 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
One of the many reason I got rid of cable a few years ago and no longer subscribe to any of the networks. Remember when VH-1 was just about music? Sigh.
02:56 PM - Oct 30, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
I miss music videos. We had VH-1 Classic and I was so damn happy to see music video blocks again. I had happiness for years. Then they slowly started moving to movies, reality shows, and such. It was maddening.
03:05 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
Awful 😞
02:48 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
So awful.
02:48 PM - Oct 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}