Heidi Hafeken
A
There are not good for patients. Medigap would serve people better. The "additional benefits" offered really aren't very good anyway. Not giving up my doctors for some ppo bullshit so the insurance company can hand out stock dividends.
Sylvan Swanson @ATXmetalgod
The United States: A nation where people who have paid a lifetime of taxes to federal and state governments are denied both basic and necessary healthcare.
12:35 PM - Oct 31, 2023
12:38 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Leigh G
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
Couldn't afford Medigap coverage for my mother or, when I became eligible, for myself. Mom's Advantage plan covered 10s of 1000s of dollars on hospital stays with surgeries and free skilled nursing plus free home care pt after. 1)
01:07 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Leigh G
A
In response to Leigh G.
I have never paid out enough to meet deductible on the less expensive gap plans so on top of monthly premiums I can't afford, wld be paying on that too.
So far my plan has covered everything submitted. And I use the extras more than the rest. 2)
01:11 PM - Oct 31, 2023 (Edited)
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Leigh G.
You're the 1st time i haven't heard how duped someone was by advantage plans. Consider yourself very, very lucky.
01:17 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Dave May
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
These plans are a major profit center for insurance firms. They deliver far less than advertised. There's a reason they advertise heavily to draw people in. It's wrong.
12:53 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Dave May.
We were just discussing this. We're both getting bombarded with junk mail for advantage plans. We'll both need to choose something next year. It's infuriating how complicated it is. Brokers make a commission for getting you to join their plan. Extended benefits are extra $$$. Insane costs.
01:30 PM - Oct 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}