Heidi Hafeken
A
There are not good for patients. Medigap would serve people better. The "additional benefits" offered really aren't very good anyway. Not giving up my doctors for some ppo bullshit so the insurance company can hand out stock dividends.
Sylvan Swanson @ATXmetalgod
The United States: A nation where people who have paid a lifetime of taxes to federal and state governments are denied both basic and necessary healthcare.
12:35 PM - Oct 31, 2023
12:38 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Leigh G
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
Couldn't afford Medigap coverage for my mother or, when I became eligible, for myself. Mom's Advantage plan covered 10s of 1000s of dollars on hospital stays with surgeries and free skilled nursing plus free home care pt after. 1)
01:07 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Heidi Hafeken
A
You're the 1st time i haven't heard how duped someone was by advantage plans. Consider yourself very, very lucky.
In response to Leigh G.
01:17 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
Until May I worked in the revenue cycle of a rural hospital, and the denials that were trickles at first are routine now. I agree @yogaleigh was lucky.
01:37 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Eljay Sixty.
That's what I hear. On paper it sounds great but the idea of being sick and having to find a new provider bc they're not on your advantage plan anymore means you're liable for the whole bill if you want to continue w/them. That's the tip of the iceberg.
01:44 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Margo Green
A
I'm lucky. I have an advantage plan through my state retirement system. I don't pay for anything except the co-pay on medications. But that's not true for many of the plans on the market and the insurance companies are making huge profits off people .
01:27 PM - Oct 31, 2023
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Margo Green.
The plans vary by state. My father doesn't like his state retirement health benefits. Always has.
01:40 PM - Oct 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}