Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
From what I understand, I loved to "run things." I can remember one teacher 2nd grade, she just got me. To keep me "busy" she would have me write book reports, do office runs, etc. Or I would be helping all my classmates with their work so we could go to recess. Personally I thought I was kick ass😂
05:19 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Duncan's Mom
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
This retired teacher agrees with you. :-)
05:28 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Duncan's Mom.
Omg thank you. My mom survived. Barely 😂 I didn't find out I was neurodivergent until my oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD and my youngest autistic. I'll be 50 soon....
05:31 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Duncan's Mom
A
You're so welcome! I'm just glad that your 2nd grade teacher "got you." I hope others did as well. One of my greatest joys of teaching was figuring out each student and teaching to who they were. Sometimes more successful than others - but try I did. 🙂
05:39 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Duncan's Mom.
It would have been around 1980. Most of my teachers did until I reached jr and high school. I struggled period then. Left for college, did very well until I had to deal with office politics and that is not something I excel at lol.
05:44 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Duncan's Mom
A
I hear ya on the struggles in jr/hs. And I definitely hear ya on the difficulties dealing with office politics. One of the many reasons I loved working with sixth graders. When a 12-year-old acts like a 12-year-old, I get it. Grown ups? Not so much. LOL
06:40 PM - Feb 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}