Kimberley Johnson
A
‘Parent’s worst nightmare’: Lakeland woman must give birth despite baby having little chance of survival

When Roe was overturned, and Florida banned abortions after 15 weeks, she did not think it would affect her.

Now she's planning a funeral.
12:20 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Richard Head
A
In response to Kimberley Johnson.
It may be a stupid question, and not that it would be a perfect solution, but can't she go to another state to have the procedure? I'd bet there would be more than enough people offering assistance in one form or another to make it happen after this publicity.
01:09 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Mataliandy
A
Not everyone can afford to just go to another state, or to can't take time off work, or can't leave young kids or disabled family who need them. Making it even harder: many states that haven't created outright bans have onerous rules that mean you have to go twice, or go for an extended stay.
In response to Richard Head.
06:57 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Richard Head
A
In response to Mataliandy.
Did I say it was a perfect solution? Did I say that's how everyone should do it? Or that everyone would have the means to do it that way? Is that what you took away from my question?
08:17 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Mataliandy
A
In response to Richard Head.
You asked if she could. For most women, the answer is no, so it's best to assume not. If she could, she probably wouldn't be waiting at home for her fetus to rot and endanger her life enough for the hospital's attorneys to give the go-ahead for a procedure.
09:51 PM - Feb 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}