Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/11
It is always sad seeing folk realize for the first time that war overwhelmingly kills citizens.

It's not soldiers, or commanders, or politicians.

It is regular people going about their lives. Women, children, elderly, workers, first responders.
08:40 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/11
Wars in the ME, Ukraine, across Africa, some in the far east.. are all killing mostly civilians.

The war in Afghanistan did the same. The Iraq war it is estimated 200,000-300,000 Iraqi civilians died when the US took war to them following 9/11.

WW2 is estimated at 70M-million.
08:40 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/11
We all know American education is subpar for many reasons having nothing to do with teachers and one the worst ways is we don't teach the cost of war in terms of civilian lives lost.

Oh, we will talk about the US soldiers lives lost.

But we say nothing of the civilian deaths.
08:41 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/11
Nothing of the civilians deaths our military superiority are responsible for.

Doing so is effective so why did we stop after the Vietnam war? The news stories and videos of US atrocities in Vietnam hastened the end of that war that the US lost.
08:41 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/11
Maybe that's the answer.

Don't show it, and then don't teach it, and then we'll have a population inoculated against the truth of war.

In Iraq we made it must-see-tv and like watching video games as our drones blew up tanks and buildings.

The videos end without showing bodies
08:42 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/11
Those buildings blown up? Yeah, there were people in them.

It has ever been so and is now.

The cries of Jewish and Palestinian families don't stop military commanders from doing what they are trained to do: Win wars by killing populations.

It has been the same for centuries.
08:42 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/11
I hate seeing Palestinian families bombed and killed. I hate seeing what Hamas did to Israeli people - and people from 40 other countries.

When you're dead you don't care about the reason, the glorious duty, the politics, or the revenge of why you were blown up.

You're dead.
08:43 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/11
And you are mostly forgotten.

You, citizen, aren't Alexander the Great, or Genghis Khan, or Grant, or Eisenhower, McArthur, or Colin Powell.

You're dead and forgotten except for your small family.
08:43 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 9/11
You and I are forgotten collateral damage and those great names are remembered.

They have statues and we have a grave and hopefully family who remember us if they didn't die with us.

War is not healthy for children and other living things - the saying many of us grew up with.
08:44 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 10/11
I hope that the war in the middle east, in multiple places in Africa, in Haiti, in Myramar, and other places end sooner rather than later.

Because the longer they go the more people like you and I will die. End
08:44 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 11/11
AI summary:
10:14 PM - Nov 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}