Doctor Fate
A
Book Banning in America

We’re facing a terrible wave of Hate and Intolerance here in America; and Book Banning is the latest threat.

DeSantis is leading the charge, but Florida isn’t the only state moving in this direction

https://kentnelsonfordemoc...
12:06 AM - Feb 05, 2023
Stop the GOP and Fox News
A
In response to Doctor Fate.
What other state do you think might follow next to get in front of things? Also, good to see someone from Democracy Town over here!
12:20 AM - Feb 05, 2023
Doctor Fate
A
There are nineteen states listed here that have initiated and some have passed initiatives to gag teachers and ban books.

https://docs.google.com/sp...
In response to Stop the GOP and Fox News.
12:58 AM - Feb 05, 2023
Doctor Fate
A
@StopGOPFox

Thanks for the Echo, much appreciated.

Penning an article on the Climate Crisis: The Inflation Reduction Act to be released soon.

Focusing a lot on #bookbanning and #ClimateCrisis ; a couple of areas good for an occasional deep dive into the facts behind the bluster.
#VoteBlue
09:22 AM - Feb 06, 2023 (Edited)
Carol Gislason
A
Thank you for posting!
08:15 PM - Feb 05, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
Been picking up "banned" books at thrift stores and
adding them to the Little Free Library collections
everywhere I go... #LittleFreeLibrary
08:12 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Doctor Fate
A
In response to TwentyTwentyUSA.
Great strategy. We're doing exactly the same. :)
08:26 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Andrea Kane
B
I’ve been teaching 40 years and I can honestly say that I’ve never been more upset about ANYTHING related to education than I am about this. What happened to our first amendment? Where are the parents? The kids should be voraciously reading through the list of banned books!!
07:17 AM - Feb 05, 2023
Doctor Fate
A
In response to Andrea Kane.
I wholeheartedly agree. It seems to be worse now than ever, and on a downhill slide.

I have both preteen and postgraduates in my household, and we're going to used bookstores where many of these books can be found, and reading them. Then circulating them through neighborhood book-boxes.
#VoteBlue
10:21 AM - Feb 05, 2023 (Edited)
David Berger
A
In response to Andrea Kane.
Yes! As a high school English teacher, I encourage my kids to read everything they can. It's only a matter of time before my bookshelf in my classroom becomes the subject of an investigation.
10:36 AM - Feb 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}