Mister Moss
A
The great experiment has failed.
Jamie Schler @lifesafeast
It’s astounding that a man who, when holding the office of President, orchestrated a violent insurrection & attempted an actual coup to overturn an election AND who claims *on the campaign trail* that he’ll overthrow the balances of gov’t to be a dictator is even allowed to run.
01:32 AM - Nov 06, 2023
02:11 AM - Nov 06, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Mister Moss.
is that what the fuck this was? an experiment?

in what? allowing stupidity to reign supreme??
02:50 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Mister Moss
A
ha! yep. and doomed to fail from the beginning. the founders weren't as bright as we were taught.
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
03:48 AM - Nov 06, 2023
John Luttermoser
A
It's kind of amazing the house of cards they built didn't completely collapse for 240 years. Of course, they were comfortable with minority rule -- that's how they set the whole thing up -- so who knows how they'd feel about what's happening now.
04:08 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Mister Moss
A
In response to John Luttermoser.
they would claim that this is not what they intended. but then they'd have to explain how it actually was.

i don't see how were going to make it to 250.
04:11 AM - Nov 06, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to John Luttermoser.
Or maybe we need to rethink how we've accepted this myth of the founders being great. Moral people.

They were wealthy white Christian men who basically wanted to protect themselves and bar entry to everyone else.

They would probably freaking love the current GQP.
04:41 AM - Nov 06, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
honestly I don't think intelligence was the issue. I think they simply lacked the imagination to conceive of ppl as evil and devious as trump and the modern GOP party. Back then ppl had integrity and morals and it was BFD. now ppl don't care as long as they get what they want.
03:52 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Mister Moss
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
back then people owned slaves -- which they didn't have the imagination or intelligence to eradicate at the outset, so integrity and morals wasn't so much a BFD then either.
03:58 AM - Nov 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}