Greg Dickson
A
thread 1/5
If you're connected to #business as either an #entrepreneur or working for an entrepreneur, you need to read this. It's the best assessment of capitalism and the current state we live in that I've read.
11:36 AM - Nov 09, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
thread 2/5
We no longer live in a capitalist society; capitalism has morphed into a “technologically advanced form of feudalism”.

Every time we use our cloud-linked devices – smartphones, laptops, Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri – we replenish the capital of the Big Tech cloudalists.
Greg Dickson
A
thread 3/5
This in turn increases their capacity to generate more wealth. How? We train their algorithms, which train us, to train them, and so on, in a feedback loop whose goal is to shape our desires and behaviour. They are “selling things to us while selling our attention to others”.
Greg Dickson
A
thread 4/5
So the “cloud capital” we are generating for them all the time increases their capacity to generate yet more wealth, and thus increases their power – something we have only begun to realise.
Greg Dickson
A
thread 5/5
Approximately 80% of the income of traditional capitalist conglomerates go to salaries and wages, according to Varoufakis, while Big Tech’s workers, in contrast, collect

...“less than 1% of their firms’ revenues”...
Greg Dickson
A
One of the ways we democratize capitalism? Make employees owners and shareholders.
In response to Andrea Loken.
04:46 PM - Nov 09, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
We are in the middle of an incredible opportunity right now. As a Canadian retail investor I am taking every advantage of it. My investment criteria is my dollars, time and attention must make the world a better place. There is one emerging industry that ticks all of the boxes and I am going all in
11:26 AM - Nov 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}