David Schwartz
A
thread 1/3
Today, pro-Palestinian groups organized a walkout in NYC schools to protest against Israel. Where I live, in a neighborhood that is 99% Jewish, they felt it was necessary to march.
11:10 PM - Nov 09, 2023
David Schwartz
A
thread 2/3
At first, it was "only" chants, "From the river to the sea," but then turned into an angry mob, trying to provoke those passing by. Some locked their doors and windows out of fear.
David Schwartz
A
thread 3/3
Watching how the "protesters" behave and after what happened this week in LA, I never believed I would ever say this, but

On the day that marks 85 years since Kristallnacht, I realized that I don't feel safe in NY anymore.
Tim B
A
I totally agree that it's unfair on individual Jews that they are being blamed for actions that they may well not support.

However, I also understand the anger.

Their relatives are being massacred by a Jewish ethnostate that is publically supported by most major Jewish organizations.
In response to David Schwartz.
04:23 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Tim B.
you “understand the anger” of people terrorizing american jews? cool, cool.
09:54 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Tim B
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Over ten thousand Palestinians are dead. Bombed in their homes.

Thousands of children are dead. Untold numbers are injured or suffering unspeakable horrors.

So yes, I can understand the anger.

Until we can understand the anger, then we're doomed to repeat this cycle of massacres and atrocities.
10:01 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Tim B
A
In response to Tim B.
Until the religious extremists currently running Israel and the illegal settlers are removed I don't see any potential path to peace.

Continued oppression of Palestine will breed more resentment and anger. It will radicalize yet another generation, and the cycle of violence continues.
04:26 AM - Nov 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}