David Schwartz
A
thread 1/3
Today, pro-Palestinian groups organized a walkout in NYC schools to protest against Israel. Where I live, in a neighborhood that is 99% Jewish, they felt it was necessary to march.
11:10 PM - Nov 09, 2023
David Schwartz
A
thread 2/3
At first, it was "only" chants, "From the river to the sea," but then turned into an angry mob, trying to provoke those passing by. Some locked their doors and windows out of fear.
David Schwartz
A
thread 3/3
Watching how the "protesters" behave and after what happened this week in LA, I never believed I would ever say this, but

On the day that marks 85 years since Kristallnacht, I realized that I don't feel safe in NY anymore.
Tim B
A
Are they terrorizing Jews?

Or are they protesting Israeli actions and - as usual - any such protest immediately and deliberately gets dressed up as "terrorizing Jews"?

Personally, I think the terrorists are the ones massacring thousands of civilians. Not the ones at unarmed peaceful protests.
In response to Barbara Edelman.
10:19 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Tim B.
they’re terrorizing jews. https://www.audacy.com/101...
12:39 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Tim B
A
And people are posting Islamophobic content on mosques.

There are shitheads everywhere who love stirring up division. Consider why certain images are being shown to you. Are people constructing a narrative?

(That site isn't available in Europe so I can't see anything other than the headline).
08:06 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Tim B.
you didn’t read david’s original post too closely. american jews are afraid to…ya know, tim, i’m gonba stop. you’re a brit, terrorizing jews is in your mother’s milk. o knew so many brit jews who immigrated to israel because people like you made living their lives as brit jews intolerable.
10:24 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Tim B
A
I get you're upset and afraid.

Accusing someone of disagrees with you of racism - in fact, accusing an entire country of racism - is just as bad as the people who accuse all Jews of being responsible for Israel's actions.
10:27 AM - Nov 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}