(laura) elsen
A
#SpoutibleBannedBookClub #AntiracistTalkingPoint

Given Kendi’s explanation of how we can be racist in one moment and antiracist in another, how will you apply the idea of re-learning and undoing in your everyday life?

#SBBC #Antiracist
11:06 AM - Nov 11, 2023
Kos
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
I will think before I speak, try to use my empathy to help navigate unfamiliar dialogue, and call out racism wherever I see it - particularly in myself.
10:19 PM - Nov 11, 2023 (Edited)
DrMHasOpinions
A
It's been really helpful for me to say "I am racist" so that I can keep moving away from that. I don't think I could really get going until I acknowledged the starting point.
11:34 AM - Nov 11, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
I think that being quiet and listening to people is a good way to start to recognize others and to be on the look out for when an "ism" assumption about someone has arisen so that you can set it aside and let the person show through.
also look for more policies to support that uplift everyone.
11:31 AM - Nov 11, 2023
Bev Turner
A
One of the biggest lessons learned was to stop saying " I am color blind". Used to say that because, I thought, wrongly, that I was conveying that I didn't care what color someone's skin was. Did not take into account that it was actually making POC feel invisible and should celebrate all colors.
11:12 AM - Nov 11, 2023
Barb says Ignore the polls
A
In response to Bev Turner.
I was guilty of the same thing. I thought I was "woke" thinking that. It's what I was taught in school. I think the intentions were good but misguided.
02:21 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Aly C
A
In response to Bev Turner.
yes. I thought the same. But the more I read and hear people’s stories, the more I learn. I can only hope it makes me an even better person. 🙂
05:05 PM - Nov 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}