dani
A
And btw, what that lovely woman did was create a recurring bit that anyone could jump in on.

She did it at a time when users were skittish & reluctant to engage. She created a low stakes entry-point for people to talk to each other.

It was never just about the raisins, you knuckleheads
12:56 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to dani.
Subtlety is lost on a great many people. I've noted this constant refrain about how "overly political" things are, but then the same voices don't seem to understand THE FUN we have. Spoutible totally flummoxes people who aren't looking for what we're looking for here: a community.
01:00 PM - Nov 12, 2023
dani
A
Too right. I did a thread a while ago that was about exactly this. The jokes and shenanigans, and recurring bits are what help build a community. It’s what binds us together and it’s super important. You don’t have to participate, but don’t disrespect the culture.
In response to Nefarious Newt.
01:03 PM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
Joe Cheray
A
In response to dani.
There used to be a series of conferences called #140conf The named derived as a play on words to the the unique character limit of Twitter.
01:25 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Joe Cheray
A
In response to Joe Cheray.
I was a 3 time speaker at the conferences. Look up #140conf Joe Cheray on YouTube.
01:27 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to dani.
That's what makes it seem less like social media and more like a party. I really, honestly, don't remember Twitter ever being like this.
01:14 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Joe Cheray
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
It used to be at one time. Really. There were always cool chats to take part in and conferences to go that revolved around the Twitter community to go to. After they changed the character limit it took that one particular activity out.
01:22 PM - Nov 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}