Professor Kyle
A
IOW, the economy's doing fantastic under Dems as always, exceedingly so with Biden. This statement might get pushback for how there are still poor people, & marginalized folks in particular continue to suffer economically. But only one party – Dems – cares about this inequity & tries to address it.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Inflation is down, & flat since the prior month (i.e. no price hikes between Sept. & Oct.). Bidenomics is working: the job market's stellar, labor's winning better pay & benefits, & the Fed's interest rate hikes (& untangling supply chains, which Biden policy accomplished) have lowered inflation.
09:37 AM - Nov 14, 2023
09:41 AM - Nov 14, 2023
Al Gray
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I blame corporate for the poverty.
12:29 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Al Gray.
Cheers. Much better than blaming Rs, because their (past) voters would be triggered by that. Any bit of possibility of attracting them to Biden (or increasing the already significant likelihood they'll rationalize not voting) is worthwhile.
#EveryLittleBitHelps
#UnderstandingIsPower
04:18 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Yvette MT
A
In MT our R supermajority refused to address rising property taxes. They are expected to go up ~43%. Except for corps. Our Public Services Commission (all 5 R men) allowed Northwestern Energy to raise our rates 27%. Imo it’s a callous coordinated plan to harm their constituents to try to win 2024.
12:03 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
Agree, but I'm watching what's happening with corporate debt and we are in for a shake up. Already defaults are ticking up. Smaller regional banks have commercial lease exposure that will get rocked if lease defaults tick much higher.
09:47 AM - Nov 14, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jen The Muse.
That may be, but I'm definitely not seeing a cooling in the real estate market, at least where I am.
09:51 AM - Nov 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Jen The Muse.
Deflation is unavoidably painful. Biden's out in front of it with policies and programs. Four more years will be our best possibility of avoiding catastrophic, cascading consequences.
04:16 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Gino Gangai
A
Conservatism holds this country back from seeing its truest potential. We could easily take care of all our citizens with the most basic of needs; food, shelter, livable wage, electricity/internet and so much more if we prioritized people over corporations and the wealthy elites.
09:43 AM - Nov 14, 2023
Vacuous Vixen
A
In response to Gino Gangai.
My question is always: Conserving WHAT for WHO?
01:22 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Gio M
A
In response to Gino Gangai.
It's amazing how democratic policies are hugely popular but half of the country is still attracted by a populist far right rethoric
01:33 PM - Nov 14, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}