Bowerydoll
A
thread 1/4
DAY 15 of #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth -- Rethink "Thanksgiving." Go beyond the fluffy, whitewashed myth of happy, childlike Natives feeding hungry settlers. Understand the truth of what the "pilgrims" did to the Wampanoag & Pequot. For many Native people it's a day to reflect, mourn and
12:38 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
thread 2/4
hold gratitude. Understand why many Native people call it #ThanksTaking and #UNThanksgivingDay . Understand the truth. Let go of the myth.
#SettlerColonialismKills #NativeSpoutible #HonorOurAncestors #TeachTruth #IndigenousHistoryIsAmericanHistory #Massasoit #Wampanoag #Pequot #whitewash
12:38 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
thread 3/4
12:58 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
thread 4/4
12:59 PM - Nov 15, 2023 (Edited)
Kim Mmmm
A
Thanksgiving as an an American Indigenous celebration sounds beautiful. Thanksgiving as giving thanks without the propaganda about the beginnings of these United States. Teach some real history in school at this time of year. A day to celebrate true love and friendship and gratitude I want this
In response to Kim Mmmm.
01:33 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
“The Leni Lenape people lived in the area where we are today. The area Neshaminy is named for place where the Delaware river split, according to Google. Along with my family and friends, I want to celebrate, the Delaware people and grieve the loss of their ancestors.”
03:11 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
ThanksTaking Thanksgiving yes yes honored together. I will do it, Give thanks to the people whose land originally we are on on at moment of giving Thanks. i’ll research it. my area was Neshaminy for the waters, but I don’t know the people. America, if we wanna keep it, we must truly embrace it.
02:59 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
I just realize I’m formatting this all wrong. I’m not saying what I mean to say. Ha stay tuned if I ever figure it out.
01:55 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
It’s a good time to know about the people who lived where we are celebrating American Thanksgiving before we w got here. Even how their land was lost. Is it possible? In school I learned how our area was named Neshaminy for the waters that flows through the area.
01:52 PM - Nov 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}