Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
thread 1/10
I was exposed to COVID today, and am utterly disgusted. Had a meeting. Chose not to mask, because I am an IDIOT. After we basically concluded, the person whose office it was told me one of her team had gone home - they had tested positive. The two of them had this conversation? In that office.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 2/10
This Director KNOWS my risk aversion, AND my health risks, and she first apologized for not telling me - y'know, after I'd been hotboxing her colleague's cooties in a small and closed space for a long time. Then she protested about how she'd wiped everything down.

Unfortunately: I BREATHE.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 3/10
I am outraged at the stupidity and the insensitivity, and just as disgusted by the person who tested positive. Like, you clearly were sick, I saw you this a.m. and spoke directly to you. You decided to come in? And - what? - THEN you tested?

No. You knew, and you fucking exposed us all.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023
A
thread 4/10
I don't know which one of them horrifies me more, honestly. The sick one was at the office all day yesterday, too, sitting right next to a cube mate who was home sick today (gastro - but COVID has presented with gastro symptoms).
A
thread 5/10
Plus: I was at the office all day. There's zero protocol for someone exposing the whole cube farm to DEFINITE COVID. My boss told me to go to HR and get a test. Well, 1) the tests at our office expired in May 2022. 2) if I was exposed an hour ago, I'm not going to test + yet, right?
A
thread 6/10
I am sickened and angry and scared, and exhausted. Some of y'all know I've been going through it, especially in the context of work.
A
thread 7/10
NOBODY, at all, cares one slimy little wet sour shit about the health of others - this is how it feels.
A
thread 8/10
Fortunately, I've already completed my 3 days in the office for the week, so it is not necessary for ME to expose anyone else. I will quarantine, I'll test, and I'll fucking stew.
A
thread 9/10
#PerilousPenelope 's PT has cancer, so I won't take her for her final session tomorrow. Even masked as I am every time, and even knowing she *doesn't*, I just don't feel right about that. Maybe we reschedule, maybe we just call her done.

Right now, just need to get through a few days & a few tests.
A
thread 10/10
In conclusion: GAH.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}