Social Media Ecosystem
A
Quick Reax: Thank you Pam!!!! I've been saying this for years. There is a BIG difference between Liberals (How I define myself - Think Obama/FMP) and Progressives. She's a little harsh in her brush back, but she's not wrong. (Gifted)
#sme #PamelaPaul #LiberalsvsProgressives #nytimes
12:25 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Adam Desrosiers
A
In response to Social Media Ecosystem.
not comfortable with some of article's implications - esp. that 'progressives' and 'liberals' should pit themselves against each other. Unlike MAGA v conservatives, progressives in office (AOC, Bernie, et al.) actually compromise, work toward solutions. Dialogue with progressives can be fruitful
12:47 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
In response to Adam Desrosiers.
She does got a little hard. But she's talking about the Horse-show Theory. Meaning there's not a lot of difference between the Far Right and the Far Left, which I tend to agree with.
12:49 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Adam Desrosiers
A
I remain deeply uncomfortable with such equivalency - you have to go very, very far left and you're not going to find a sizeable population worth comparing with the far right, who are in fact a sizeable population today. It's a misleading comparison
12:53 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
Noted. But I've been doing this a long time. 10 years. And I've been cancelled by more Progressives than I have by Conservatives. Progressives tend to be very thin skinned and their way or the high way in thought. I'm also Black and most Black folks are Center Left or Pragmatic/Liberal.
12:58 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Adam Desrosiers
A
I suspect our politics likely align in a lot of ways. I likewise don't go full progressive on many issues. And in dialogue, yeah - I guess agree with you. They're tough. But I don't fear them while sadly I genuinely fear the US conservative movement these days.
01:01 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
Yea. The fear factor isn't there with Progressives. But they need to learn to listen and respect the opinions of others and not think they are the holders of all truth. Sometimes nuance matters.
01:20 PM - Nov 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}