André Ware
A
thread 1/3
A lot of folks have talked about what WE were force-fed growing up - conformity, assimilation, go along 2 get along. Racism, bigotry, misogyny thrive when the voices of marginalized communities are silenced or ignored because some white person(s) somewhere is uncomfortable with a changing world.
05:29 PM - Nov 16, 2023 (Edited)
André Ware
A
thread 2/3
A changing world where marginalized communities no longer accept being the butt of insensitive jokes; the ingredients for dehumanizing stereotypes; the targets of weaponized religion; or subservient afterthoughts to white privilege & supremacy. As many here have said, OUR humanity is non-negotiable.
05:29 PM - Nov 16, 2023
André Ware
A
thread 3/3
Never was, but Truth doesn't always align with reality, as OUR struggles throughout history have proven. But the ground shifted over Time, empowering marginalized communities beyond conformity, assimilation, & go along 2 get along. We're not here for you. We're here 2 be unapologetically US. 👊🏾😤
05:29 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Mary Cole
A
In response to André Ware.
Well, that is undoubtedly true 4 some people. I was raised Catholic with a dad who didn't practice but had his own biases. In HS, college & work I met & accepted a wide range of people & found their differences added value. I think one's experiences as well as how U R taught determine Ur attitudes.
05:38 PM - Nov 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}