Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 1/6
Is anybody here grappling with the idea of still being on X (the former Twitter)? I still have three accounts there that I use purely for promotional purposes, but frankly, I'm finding it difficult to maintain a presence there with all the rampant hate and anti-semitism.
06:23 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 2/6
What seems to be problematic, is not just the posts that are featured, but the fact that the thoughts seem to be echoed by the top of the chain, meaning Musk himself. Since I have invested so much time, since 2009 on Twitter, I was hoping to ride out this storm.
Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 3/6
I thought that I could either run the course of what I assumed would be a quick demise of Twitter, just to see what would arise from its ashes, or it would be sold to somebody who could clean it up and steer it back to respectability. But alas, that doesn't seem to be happening ...
Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 4/6
... at least not at the speed that I would like it to happen. As an interviewer, who often links via social media to many of the guests that I feature on the show, a lot of said guests are still on X, so it is a vital tool.
Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 5/6
But how vital is it, really, if the platform itself has become a cesspool of hate and misinformation? I'm getting closer and closer to cutting bait and leaving that platform behind, sacrificing the years that I've built up there.
06:23 PM - Nov 17, 2023 (Edited)
Peter Anthony Holder
A
thread 6/6
But as I quickly mull over the idea of hitting the eject button, I thought I would reach out to some of you fine folks to see if any of you are struggling with this issue, as I look for clarity in my decision (in the back of my mind, I think I already know what I have to do).
Phred
A
I still use Twitter to promote Spoutible. And I will until it no longer serves its purpose. Do what you need. ❤️
In response to Peter Anthony Holder.
06:29 PM - Nov 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}