Pablo, Noted Some Guy
A
thread 1/2
In 8 days New New #DoctorWho is arriving on Disney Plus.

Really hope we get some quality #Whoniverse spinoffs. 1 season of McGann might be interesting, depending on the direction they take.

https://youtu.be/RfLtAdSgWPQ?si=duVajWP1X6AZcTuY
The Fourteenth Doctor is Here! | BBC Children in Need 2023 | Doctor Who - YouTube

The Doctor accidentally lands the TARDIS at a pivotal moment in the creation of his deadliest enemies... 💥Subscribe to Doctor Who for more exclusive videos:...

12:35 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Pablo, Noted Some Guy
A
thread 2/2
I know most Whovians want a River Song spinoff, as do I, but I would love a Doctor's daughter (Georgia Tennant) spinoff. There's just more opportunity to write stories that don't necessarily have to tie directly into Doctor Who. Let it be its own thing, like a "Doctor Who Spotlight" show.
12:35 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
Actually, it was promoted on NBC as part of their (failed) attempt at Melodifestivalen in the US (American Song Contest). Great idea, good show runner, well produced, and not a single song that I liked (vs. Melodifestivalen where I typically like most of the songs and love around 8 - 10 each year).
In response to Pablo, Noted Some Guy.
10:28 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Pablo, Noted Some Guy
A
In response to Mike Yenco.
Oh yeah, I blocked out ASC. But I do remember other lost opportunities.

I remember Hannah Waddingham went on Fallon and she mentioned she was a Eurovision host. There was no mention of it being on Peacock. He didn't even know
10:33 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
In response to Pablo, Noted Some Guy.
Yeah. I wasn't really expecting Disney Channel or Disney XD to promote Doctor Who, but did think there would be something on Disney+ itself leading up to it to let more people know it is coming. Oh well, maybe it's a surprise.
10:45 AM - Nov 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}