Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I see too often how mental health is talked about, it feels infantile, and exploitative towards those of us who live with this. I see too many who want to use it as a blanket excuse for awful evil behavior which makes it harder for the millions of us just trying to exist with this. Im tired.
01:09 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Margaret ♿
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
I try to gently educate on sanist and ableist language anytime I see it in everyday conversation. I know it wears down people living with conditions to see it used so often for abhorrent behaviour and abject cruelty. My insane friends are some of the sweetest people, it shouldn't be stigmatised.
02:05 PM - Mar 01, 2023
A
In response to Margaret ♿.
Thank you it really does help when people understand the duality of yes there are times where we aren't in control of things. But there are ways to help us through this without diminishing responsibility. I want to see mental health become a normalized topic.
02:09 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Al Gray
A
I agree, the stigmas toward receiving healthcare for the mind is more to blame than the actual illnesses of the mind.
01:16 PM - Mar 01, 2023
A
In response to Al Gray.
Exactly we need better health care, funding for such and being able to openly talk and compare. I am tired of seeing mental health only talked about after tragedy happens. It makes the stigmas grow against us.
01:24 PM - Mar 01, 2023
DJEPHD
A
Amen, sistah, AMEN.
01:16 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Katie in KY
A
💕💕
01:11 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
I hadn’t thought of this before. Great point!
Terry Calvert
A
Feel you.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}