BurgerFanMan
A
Most folks that own cats, especially in the burbs and rural settings, cannot be bothered to even put a belled collar on their pets. Between loose pet cats and feral cats, the wild bird death count runs in the multi-millions per year. It all seems kind of stupid and thoughtless.
BurgerFanMan @BurgerFanMan
Nothing says "I love nature and animals" like a bird feeder in the back yard which attracts birds by the hundreds, week after week, which the neighborhood cats use for practice. Cats kill hundreds of thousands of wild birds annually and they do it for fun.
08:17 AM - Nov 19, 2023
08:43 AM - Nov 19, 2023
hal
A
In response to BurgerFanMan.
In my entire life I've never had a cat who would tolerate a collar, much less a bell. We've kept our cats inside, and our bustling bird feeders have never been troubled by strays.
09:35 AM - Nov 19, 2023
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
My two never go outside except for trips to the vet/groomer. The local squirrel patrol let me know when there is a strange cat in the yard, and I go right outside and chase them away. I have perfected my "hiss" and they are stunned to hear it from a human.
08:52 AM - Nov 19, 2023
FalconWarthog 96
B
I guess I should put a bell on my dog's collar too.. she lives to kill anything with feathers.
08:48 AM - Nov 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}