Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 1/7
Genealogy Research Tip:

Thought I would pass this on... newbie, seasoned, are have a curious interest 👀… if you would love 😍 to delve into your family’s story 🎦 but don’t want to pay continuous membership fees on for pay sites… try out the FamilySearch site!!! It is completely free…
06:30 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 2/7
The online records library 📚️ is extensive… the site includes local historical info and timeline events to complete the picture 🖼️ of the lives your family lived… and links to other informative articles
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 3/7
It’s not necessary to add your tree 🌲 to their site, you can download any documents you would like to keep for printing or posting to your own website… or...
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 4/7
personally I like to copy the link to the FamilySearch records and post it on the corresponding profile I happen to be creating on Wikitree’s One Worldwide Tree which is also a free site.
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 5/7
I am all about free… you are researching yours or your family’s personal info which the government required you to furnish … you should not have to pay for that…
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 6/7
One caution… FamilySearch has a substantial amount of family trees 🌲 already posted in their library 📚️ those trees are good as a reference but are not always error free… the tree is only as accurate as the researcher 🤓…
Rebecca Mitchell
A
thread 7/7
it’s advisable not to copy someone else’s tree but to do the records 📝 research 🧐 for yourself ...
Happy hunting!!!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}