Daily Picture Theme
A
19 Nov 2023

Today's theme is #Skill

Please Reply or Quote with your picture

Or Spout with #DailyPictureTheme

Tomorrow's theme will be #Rest

Have fun, like and echo each others posts, most importantly be kind!
07:20 AM - Nov 19, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Daily Picture Theme.
#DailyPictureTheme #Skill

I grew up in a family of marchers (we didn't have much choice). Let's just say we all developed a unique #skill set...
(If you're not interested in old-school drum corps-style marching, you might still enjoy the video for its tasty Harry Connick, Jr. song.)
469-2003compmusic.wmv - YouTube

2003 American Legion Senior Color Guard Open Class Competition--The Spirit of 469

10:42 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Pam Miller
A
Wonderful champs.
Questions:
1. Are you what seems to me the slightly taller rifle? The one the (family?) filmer catches more, I presume?
2. The finger wag at 2:30 is fabulous, the other rifle out of frame was doing it also?
3. How long to master the routine?
In response to Diana Tyler.
12:21 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Pam Miller.
I see your profile mentions marching; I assume you mean for important civil rights issues? Whether yes or no, please tell us more.
(Our colorguard was an extension of a veterans' rights organization.)
Thank you for your kind interest!
10:02 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Pam Miller.
I'm the heavier one (my hat falls off 1/2-way through); the other is my sister. The videographer is related to a flag carrier. I'm glad you noticed the subtle but fun move (yes, both rifles wagged). We practiced weekly most of the year, inventing/polishing the drill & moves as we went along.
09:56 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
As this was a senior women's colorguard, we had as many as 4 mother/daughter pairs marching together at one time. That made it extra special for us all.
09:58 AM - Nov 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}