Mc Crispy
A
thread 1/3
"where do we go to lead a civilized life?" is the wrong question to be asking.

"What did I do today to help stop fascism from winning next November?" is the correct question.

And this is directed to my white brothers and sisters. What did you do today? Think about it.
Dan Anderson @soul_food_heaven
Really depressing to watch Rachel tonight. In 14 months, when America inevitably goes full fascist, where do we go to lead a civilized life?
09:48 PM - Nov 20, 2023
11:51 PM - Nov 20, 2023
Mc Crispy
A
thread 2/3
BBIMP and LGBTQIA people understand the assignment. For white people, here's what to do:
-write postcards to voters
-text voters
-learn about the candidates in your local elections
-attend a training session for speaking to voters
-pick a local candidate and a federal candidate, and volunteer
11:51 PM - Nov 20, 2023
Mc Crispy
A
thread 3/3
A year is a long time. Do one thing every day.

Visibility MATTERS. The more the positive effects of this administration are presented, the better.
11:53 PM - Nov 20, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
I didn't find her broadcast depressing. She gave us a dose of history, history that you can explain to people who aren't paying attention or don't understand. You gently explain every chance you get, including standing in the doorway of someone's home as you canvass for a candidate.
01:06 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Liz Adams
A
I've been promoting Rachel Maddows book Prequel, all I can. It's a great education in the last wave, 1930s-40s American fascism and the few people who saved us then. It's vital to be informed in order to understand, then conquer, the current one Largely it is and was anti-Semitism. That's important.
11:32 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Jacsmoore @
A
In response to Liz Adams.
Awesome book! History made relatable.
11:47 PM - Nov 21, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
I'd like to add something to this discussion. Given our military spending (more than the next 25 countries combined) what makes anyone think that if America goes fascist that there will be anyplace in the world that will remain untouched by us?
09:49 AM - Nov 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}