Mary Locker
A
If we all do our jobs, America will not go full fascist. We stay right here to lead our civilized lives. Lives that we care enough about to get active and do the work required to preserve the democracy we value. We outnumber them. They are loud, but we are legion. Join the doers, not the doubters.
Dan Anderson @soul_food_heaven
Really depressing to watch Rachel tonight. In 14 months, when America inevitably goes full fascist, where do we go to lead a civilized life?
09:48 PM - Nov 20, 2023
12:25 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Dan Anderson
A
Agreed. But some of us have to be a little pessimistic and also contemplate worst-case scenarios. I've never forgotten how I felt in November 2016 when that impossible nightmare came true, and at least acknowledge the possibility. I don't mean to try to bring down the optimists!
In response to Mary Locker.
12:29 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Dan Anderson.
Oh, believe me . . .I was physically ill when Hillary lost. But I spent exactly one day wallowing, and then I wrote to the editors of 30 GOP leaning newspapers who had endorsed her against trump with my concerns about his agenda. I haven't stopped taking action since. When we work, we win.
12:34 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Ray King
A
In response to Dan Anderson.
How can you be pessimistic when Democrats keep winning big elections? Also, you can't compare 2016 to 2024. Everyone knows who Trump is, and the majority of Americans hate him.
12:33 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Ray King.
Democrats are winning smaller elections, too. I believe I read that of the 13 school board elections that the Moms for Liberty candidates ran in, 12 were soundly defeated. The majority of Americans don't want hate and authoritarianism.
12:40 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Dan Anderson
A
In response to Ray King.
The problem isn't Trump. It's the rest of the GOP. If they take even more control at fed-state-local levels and really start doing everywhere what they're doing in Florida, Iowa, etc.... ugh.
I hope I'm 100% wrong, and do all I can to stop it. But I don't think it's evil to contemplate a "what if"
12:57 AM - Nov 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}