Khrissy Choate
A
Okay, I decided a thing. From now instead of saying “red states,” I’m going to say “republican-oppressed states.” The hyphen may be dropped, but the word choice will remain, because it’s the truth. I hope others here will join me in this effort to change the narrative. #PleaseEcho
04:43 PM - Mar 01, 2023 (Edited)
Patsy
A
As one who lives in Oklahoma, I thank you. There's a lot of *blue* here but our state party is not functional, so the "red state" descriptor is especially demoralizing because it sounds inevitable. *We* are trying but it's a huge challenge. So THANK YOU for thinking of this!
In response to Khrissy Choate.
05:08 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Patsy.
Oklahoma’s Democratic Party sounds a lot like Kentucky’s. There is little to no organization outside of Louisville and Lexington, the two major cities here.
05:16 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Patsy
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
I'm sorry this is happening in KY. (Our Repub gov was elected w 27% of registered voters. If that doesn't scream missed opportunity... but the powers that be won't even admit there's a problem.) So where is the nat'l party? Why don't they intervene where state parties are failing? I don't get it.
06:24 PM - Mar 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}