Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/5
This journalist wrote about what I have been saying for weeks. Journalists still rather break news on Twitter, and CEOs rather make announcements on Twitter because Threads sucks at breaking news. Our much smaller platform had the breaking Sam Altman news, and it was a topic of discussion.
02:22 PM - Nov 22, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/5
Several weeks ago I said Threads was the best thing to happen to Spoutible, and some folks thought I was delusional. Threads is helping people break their Twitter dependency quicker than any other platform, and these people are getting used to the idea of life without Twitter. This isn't easy to do.
02:22 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/5
The instant gratification of followers and engagement is appealing to larger accounts, but below the surface Threads is just a text version of Instagram. There is little substance and a lot of "look at meeee." And the people who are trying to make it a serious platform are making a valiant effort.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/5
However, they will fail. The problem is Threads core userbase is from Instagram, and Instagram is a culture of "look at meeee" and "buy this." I am betting a significant number of political Twitter users will not stay on Threads long, and will be on the hunt for another replacement by March, 2024.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/5
We saw the same thing happen with large accounts and journalists trying to get folks to migrate to Mastodon in 2022, and it worked for a few months, but then people realized Mastodon wasn't it, and they went back to Twitter because there were no other decent alternatives. This time is different.
Diana Demarest
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I think Elmo removing the headlines from Tweets make journo's tweets less impactful. He's burning it all down.
11:50 AM - Nov 23, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I'm breaking the news that it's almost turkey-time!
06:01 PM - Nov 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}