Keith Boykin
A
Oklahoma made it illegal to teach anything in the classroom that makes white people feel uncomfortable about the past. So a group of Black teachers came together and created a free new course called “Black History Saturdays.”
09:56 AM - Nov 23, 2023
Cathy D
B
In response to Keith Boykin.
White peoples are uncomfortable with the truth.
07:23 PM - Feb 22, 2024
Jill Taylor
A
This is exactly what we all need to be doing, thanks to those with the courage and dedication to do what others have not.
06:03 PM - Nov 24, 2023
Janice
A
I hate that they have to do this, but love that they are.
11:24 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Jay D
A
What these educators are doing is wonderful but it’s unfortunate the kids that need to hear these lessons most aren’t there.
09:25 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Lucy
A
Greatness… 💖✨
08:20 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Myoba Mazon
A
This is a class in which I would be grateful to have the family teen enrolled. And I would eagerly sit in the back, pen and notebook in hand. These laws are terrifying and intended to erase our country’s history of pervasive grinding racism. Are we white people irredeemable?
04:37 AM - Nov 24, 2023

Only followers of this user (DataDawg) can see their posts

Diana Demarest
A
Welcome to FloriDUH, the birthplace of all bad ideas in education. #TheDumbingDownOfAmerica 😡
11:51 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
Can non-white people sue if they hear anything that make them uncomfortable? I'm white but not acknowledging ALL people would've made me very uncomfortable when I was in school.
04:56 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Dorothy P
A
In response to Anastasia Joy.
Those laws are meant to silence us. We BBIMP are expected to accept even the most egregious actions quietly and without complaint. It’s when we don’t that the far right howl “woke” and enact discriminatory laws.
08:43 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Yvette
A
Doesn’t this infringe on Oklahoman’s free speech? 🤷‍♀️🙄☮️💙
12:26 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Yvette
A
History SHOULD make people feel uncomfortable. American history was HORRIBLE.
12:26 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Bren
A
In response to Yvette.
In Germany they don't restrict the history of the Holocaust as far as I know. What horrible thing happens by becoming aware? These teachers are giving and brave.
12:21 PM - Nov 25, 2023
News Junkie
A
In response to Yvette.
You have to learn the lessons of history if you want to have any hope of being a better person, a better society - that means learning all the history. History is not one act, it is not a point in time - it is hugely context rich and fascinating. Get out of your comfort zone and read.
09:37 AM - Nov 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}